Monday, October 15, 2007

Better (Warning: Contains Gushing Over Daughter)

Apparently a lot of my recent anxiety had to do not with the status of Mr.-26-weeks, but the status of my 2 year old, who had outpatient surgery today. It went very smoothly (her surgeon was AHEAD of schedule) and we're all now home and recovering.

I feel much better, about everything. D was such a trooper. I'm so proud of her. She didn't shed a single tear. The nurses brought us back to meet her in the recovery room and she was just sitting there, clearly thinking "How did I get here? Where am I? What happened to the big Sleeping Table with the Strawberry Mask and Mommy in a hairnet and scrub suit? What's this tube going into the back of my hand? Why do I feel so weird?" And then we showed up, she thought briefly about crying, and we reassured her that all was well and so she kicked back and watched "Pink Elephants on Parade" from the Dumbo DVD playing on the TV. (Great choice for those coming out of anaesthesia, don't you think?)

Her nurses liked her so much she got not one, but three new stuffed animals. This was much better than previous surgeries.

Whew. Off to unwind with some suitably mindless television.

3 comments:

Geohde said...

Aww...so sweet. I'm impressed. Pink elephants after the pink-elephant generating drugs.

What a relief it went so well, eh?

J

Char said...

Hi May! So glad the surgery went well. Your little girl sounds like a real sweety pie. And so happy little babe-in-tummy is still doing well too! :o)

Anonymous said...

Great news all around. Stuffed animals and pink elephants are always fun.