Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Whew

It's been a bit of a week.

D turned 2. We had a party. It was fabulous, but exhausting.

My mother-in-law came to stay for the weekend and the party. She brought her "gentleman friend" of a little over a year to stay as well. It was hilarious watching this completely creep out my poor husband. I'm delighted that she's seeing someone. She still drives me nuts, but I believe that's the main item in her job description as my mother-in-law. (Note: where can I see a copy of said job description? I'd like to know what to expect next. After reading incoming text messages on my cell phone, of course, which did indeed happen this weekend.)

Monday D had her 2 year checkup at her pediatrician's office. They have confirmed what I already knew: D is huge. She is back on the height chart (after the incident of the 100th percentile), but they confirmed what we already knew, which is that she's an inch shy of being the same size as the average three-year-old. Well, she's always been this way, so no worries. Quite an accomplishment for my little not-quite term child.

Today was the follow-up level 2 ultrasound on little gizmo. Now weighing in at an estimated 1 pound, 9 ounces. They were able to get the cardiac views we didn't get last time, and also checked in on those wacky non-cooperators, the placenta and my cervix. The cervix is maintaining champion status, remaining longer than 4 cm, while the placenta is still marginal, but with time remaining in which it can get the hell out of the way (we hope). The technician thought the fluid volume looked a bit low, so another item to add to my worry list, but all in all a good visit. We'll get the official report in a few days, I hope, or at the very least hear about it at our next OB visit next Tuesday. We're 2 days away from 24 weeks 4 days, which is where everything went crazy with my pregnancy with D, so we were relieved to see absolutely no sign of preterm labor or a funneling cervix. I woke up in at 4 AM this morning with what felt like menstrual cramps (note: this is a sign of preterm labor) but I was able to go back to sleep knowing that I was due for an ultrasound at 10AM anyway. Today: no cramping and only the normal level of contractions, so I am calm(ish).

2 comments:

Geohde said...

I'm glad in the extreme to hear the news was majority good.

I'll keep dropping by to follow how things go.

xx

J

Anonymous said...

Good news is a godsend isn't it?

I've been crampy lately as well. Hopefully it's just pregnancy pains.